Monday, July 19, 2010

Think Big... Sounds About Right!

Think big. It seems easier for some of the people I am around everyday. They are dreamers; they shoot for the stars; they can barely shut their minds off at night because they are thinking so much about what they can do next. I am just not wired the same way. Although I do dream. And I think there is a point where you have to stop dreaming and start living. I feel that I am often caught in between the two worlds of dreaming and doing but the deep desire of my heart is to become a do-er. Can you even become a do-er or do you have to be born that way?

I don't know if I would categorize my parents as dreamers, and I think that is why I know that this dream is one worth living out.

My mom called me one afternoon with a tone of disbelief in her voice; as if to say she didn't fully believe what she was about to ask me. "Matt," she said. "I think I am supposed to adopt a kid from Haiti!" I don't really remember my reply, but as she said those words, I thought to myself...."yep, sounds about right!" It was exactly what they were supposed to do. My mom and I were on a team of people that went to Haiti on a mission trip with our church...and on the way back home we talked again. "Matt," she said. "I am supposed to adopt three kids from Haiti!" "Yep, sounds about right," I thought again.

God is funny that way. I can't always explain how I hear Him...I just know when I hear Him and when I am supposed to do something. When you are living inside of His will, it just clicks! I can't really explain it past that. It's the sweet spot of living out your faith; being exactly where you need to be and doing what you need to do in your journey for Christ. So support my parents and my family as they look to put their dream into action.
-Matt Shively

No comments:

Post a Comment